Step 7. Download the appropriate files.
- Download ODIN
- Download Galaxy Note 5 USB drivers
- Download no-verify-opt-encrypt.zip
- Download SuperSU zip
- TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Note 5 (for T-Mobile SM-N920T, Canadian SM-N920W8, US Celluar SM-N920R4, Korean SM-N920K, SM-N920S, SM-N920L,SM-N920C, SM-N920G, and SM-N920I)
- TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Note 5 Sprint SM-N920P
- TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Note 5 DUOS SM-N9208
For S6 Edge+, download TWRP recovery for your model of S6 Edge+ at TWRP.me.
Step 8. Run the Odin program in ODIN folder.
Step 9. You should see a blue highlighted box with a random COM number. If you don’t see it, you have to install the proper Note 5 USB drivers. Install it and try reconnecting the microUSB cable, you should see it. (If you have trouble, try rebooting your computer after driver installation, also try using different USB port/cable and DO NOT USE a USB HUB.)
Step 10. Choose “AP” then choose the TWRP file you downloaded earlier.
Step 11. Hit Start and as soon as you see “PASS!” and your phone reboots, hold down Volume Up, Center Home, and Power buttons together for about 10 seconds until you enter TWRP. If you miss this step, you can power down your phone and do the buttons to get into TWRP.
Step 12. Once in TWRP, swipe right to allow modifications.
Step 13. Choose “Wipe”.
Step 14. Choose “Format Data”.
and type “yes”. THIS WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON YOUR PHONE!
Step 15. Once that’s done, hit the Home button then choose “Reboot”.